Friday, October 19, 2012

"The Way of Love"


Photo by: Augustine Grace Photography (www.augustinegrace.com)

“The Way of Love”
(A poem based off 1 Corinthians 13:1-7)

If I have the most eloquent speech
And can recite and quote and read and teach
And can communicate on levels hard to reach
But I do not have love I am nothing

If I have all knowledge known to man
And can fathom all wonders at hand
And have all faith so as to remove the lands
But I do not have love I am nothing

If I sacrifice all that I own
And give up my body without a moan
And if they burn me deep all the way to the bone
But I do not have love I gain nothing

For love is always patient and kind
Not having an envy or boast in mind
Leaving pride and arrogance and rudeness behind
And it never insists to be selfish

Love does not rush to get quickly mad
Keeps no record of things one's done bad
And as love looks upon sin it is never glad
Yet it always rejoices in the truth

Love is strong and can bear all the weight
All things it trusts and is willing to wait
It entrusts all to the Creator of fate
Yes we know love will endure forever

 by: Cody Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment